When a maintenance light pops on in your car, you’re reminded to take action – lest you find yourself stranded on the road or involved in a serious accident.
In the same way, shining a light on all risks to electronic protected health data (ePHI) helps you avoid costly and devastating breaches of sensitive data. Ultimately – like the passengers in your car – the welfare of patients is at stake.
So begin by asking these questions, derived from the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rule (see healthit.gov):
Have we as an organization…
- identified the scope of the analysis? (Current vs required portability, storage and accessibility of ePHI)
- identified and documented potential threats and vulnerabilities?
- assessed current security measures?
- determined the likelihood and potential impact of threat occurrence?
- determined the level of risk?
- identified security measures and finalized documentation?
That’s just a start. Remember that HIPAA compliance depends on addressing risks regularly as part of a consistent and dynamic security culture.
Talk to one of our experts today about addressing your data risk assessment needs!
All of our HIPAA Compliant Hosting Cloud Solutions Come With:
- True HIPAA Guarantee and Compliance
- Fully Managed Services
- Live 24/7 Support
- Up-to-Date Security
- State-of-the-Art Data Centers
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee