Is Gmail HIPAA Compliant?
Is Gmail HIPAA-compliant? Standard versions are not. Using Gmail confidential mode or free Workspace encrypted email is not enough for HIPAA compliance.
There’s good news, however: HIPAA Vault has partnered with Google to offer an enterprise solution for HIPAA-compliant Gmail, developed specifically for healthcare organizations.
Our HIPAA-compliant Gmail solution provides a seamless user experience for emails and attachments, with the persistent data protections you require.
In addition, you’ll receive access to HIPAA-compliant Workspace, offering healthcare teams an unmatched suite of HIPAA-compliant, productivity apps:
- Google Meet, for secure video conferencing with staff and specialists across remote locations.
- Google Drive, for creating protected patient folders and forms with Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms.
- HIPAA-compliant Chat gives you the secure, real-time connections with your staff, necessary to promote safe and efficient outcomes.
Additional Workspace apps include secure Calendar, Google Chat, Keep, Google Cloud Search, Google Voice (managed users only), Sites, Google Groups, Jamboard, Cloud Identity Management, Tasks, and Vault.
By virtue of our Business Associate agreement with Google, you’ll receive this full range of HIPAA-compliant apps, along with our proven, multi-layered security services and 24/7 personal support. As with all our solutions, customers are responsible to use them in a compliant way.
We’re committed to keeping your business up and running smoothly!
HIPAA Compliant Gmail powered by Workspace provides:
- Zero Trust Security – only authorized parties can access
- Advanced Encryption Technology
- Secure business email + eDiscovery & Retention
- Video recording & attendance tracking
- Easy collaboration with external recipients
- No new software
- Enterprise SaaS App Protection
- Internal/external access controls
- Audit access, including watermark attachments
- Revoke access, disable forwarding, set expiration for Gmail
- Data Leak Protection (DLP) policy management
- Granular reporting
- SIEM integration/Log Export API
- HIPAA Vault’s full-range of managed security services
- 24/7 technical support
Warning! HIPAA Compliant Gmail does not work with free Gmail accounts.
All of our HIPAA Compliant Hosting Cloud Solutions Come With:
- True HIPAA Guarantee and Compliance
- Fully Managed Services
- Live 24/7 Support
- Up-to-Date Security
- State-of-the-Art Data Centers
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Gmail HIPAA Compliance FAQ
Our HIPAA Compliance Blog
Check Out Our Latest News
Secure collaboration – it’s essential to your success. The excellent care you provide wouldn’t happen without it. The question that’s…
What it is, Common Objections, and Why to Insist on it Though many healthcare organizations still consider it optional, two-factor…
Google’s acclaimed suite of collaboration and productivity tools – including Gmail, Drive, Docs, and Meet – recently got a makeover,…