The most popular online, open source publishing platform in the world, WordPress powers over half of the content management systems (CMS) on the internet. Businesses, medical practices, and bloggers routinely rely on WordPress to host their sites. As such, it is also one of the most targeted platforms for malicious attacks. Spam emails, rogue advertisements, botnet attacks, plugins from untrusted sources, and even the commandeering of WordPress servers for storing malware (often without the site owner’s knowledge) are all potential vulnerabilities for unprotected WordPress sites.
While medical practices and other handlers of sensitive data appreciate WordPress for its ease of use, variety of plugin themes, and online portal features, at its core, WordPress software is not secure for the storage or transfer of PHI (protected health information). Unprotected portals allow access to sensitive databases, by a host of vulnerabilities. Compromised servers can then be used to attack other sites, opening the door to infiltrate additional servers, or hold sensitive data hostage.
Now, HIPAA Vault offers Managed WordPress for HIPAA, a highly secure, HIPAA – compliant publishing platform for WordPress.
Managed WordPress Hosting
- Latest Version of WordPress – Monitored and kept up-to-date.
- CentOS 7 / Apache 2.4 / PHP 7.1 (web) / MariaDB 5.5 (SQL)
- Know Who Has Logged Into WordPress
- WordPress PingBack Vulnerability Protection
- Apache Hardening
- HIPAA Compliant & Secure
You get all of the benefits of Managed Security plus:
- HIPAA Compliance, including a BAA
- Red Carpet Onboarding with Your Dedicated Rep
- 24/7 Technical Support with a 15 Minute Max Response Time