Five “Security Culture” Markers:
- Cybersecurity is a top-down, strategic part of the company’s vision –
Security is linked to business goals and relevant to board-level decisions
- You’ve determined a “data blueprint” of how data is used –
Your team understands the context in which the data is created and used, and how it is subject to regulation.
- Annual risk assessments are being conducted –
All risk areas, including staff, practices, and technology, are evaluated regularly.
- Security skills and governance tools are becoming integrated into daily activities –
You’re enabling the latest protocols and encryption ciphers for data protection, using two-factor and password-less authentication, secure workstation practices, etc.
- Ongoing staff training is being conducted –
Since malicious attacks continue to evolve, security training, including phishing awareness, is being conducted regularly.